+ Photos Only + Advanced Search
Printer-friendly Printer-friendly

Antepoler Young Men's Benevolent Association

Title: Antepoler Young Men's Benevolent Association
Inclusive Dates: 1923-1979
ID: RG 883
expand icon Extent Information
1'3"; 1 5"ltr;2 5"lgl
expand icon Administrative/Biographical History
Organized in New York in 1906 by immigrants from Antopol, Byelorussia.  Activities included establishing a loan fund for its members.  A ladies auxiliary was organized in 1913, later disbanded and reorganized in 1929 as the Antepoler Young Ladies Auxiliary.  After World War I engaged in relief activities for *landslayt* in Antopol, sending funds to the Antopol talmud torah (religious school), Tarbut Hebrew schools, and to the local interest-free loan fund.
expand icon Forms of Material (links to similar genres)
expand icon Administrative Information
Access Notes: YIVO Archives collections are open to researchers only by appointment with an archivist. To inquire about papers and records, write to Chief Archivist, archives@yivo.cjh.org. To inquire about photographs and films, write to Photo and Film Archivist at Photofilm@yivo.cjh.org. To inquire about sound recordings, write to Sound Archivist, lsklamberg@yivo.cjh.org. For art works and artifacts, write to Chief Archivist at archives@yivo.cjh.org.
Rights: The images, documents, film footage, audio materials, and texts displayed in any portion of this web site may be copyrighted. Permission to use this web site is given on condition that the user agrees to follow U.S. copyright laws. The user agrees that she or he assumes liability for any copyright violations resulting from unauthorized use of items appearing on this web site and to hold YIVO harmless from any action involving copyright infringement. It is the responsibility of the user to carry out a due diligence search under U.S. c opyright laws to determine the copyright status of items displayed on this web site.

The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. To request permission for use of these materials, please apply in writing to: YIVO Archives, YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011, archives@yivo.cjh.org.

© 2013 YIVO Institute for Jewish Research Terms of Use Privacy Policy

Archive powered by Archon Version 3.14
Copyright © 2011 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign